Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lipstick Anyone?

-----------It took me a long time to decide to buy a PS3. I thought about it for over a year, seriously debated it in my own head for about 6 months, and then spent weeks figuring out how I could pay for it. I find it incredible that the government has spent a fraction of that time figuring out how to spend 819 billion dollars. While I am disheartened that this new welfare package passed in the house this evening, I am delighted that every single republican, along with 10 democrats, voted against it. They are on the right side history my friends.
-----------Thomas Jefferson said "if we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy". You may find Jefferson a bore, or outdated, or dismiss him as a slave owner, to which I would reply you are an ideological zealot at best, a pinko commie at worst. I feel there is infinite wisdom to be found in the words and deeds of the great founders of this nation, the greatest nation ever. Bad things will come from from this massive overspending, it always does. We are being bought for a $500 check that our children will be paying back until they die (This too seemed absurd to Jefferson, check out this letter to James Madison )
President Obama says
"This recovery plan will save or create more than three million new jobs over the next few years". That is one of the most unprovable and assanine statements our new leader could make. So if Americans lose 5 million jobs are we to believe that without this "stimulus", we wold have lost 8 million? I believe it was President Obama who while running for the office said "you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig". Well keep piling on the Revlon sir, because this pig of yours is uglying up the place in a hurry!

------------- Check out the complete stroke job here

No comments: